Embarrassed by toenail fungus? You don’t have to be! Check out this guide for the best homemade toenail fungus treatment. With just a few ingredients found in your kitchen, you can get rid of that pesky fungus once and for all!
Although there are several homemade remedies are there to treat nail fungus but if you want fast result, you can try the following nail fungus treatment.
Best Toenail Fungus Treatment
|Available Country||All Countries|
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Toenail Fungus Treatment
- 2 Homemade Toenail Fungus Treatment, Easy And Simple Natural Cure
- 3 Homemade Toenail Fungus Treatment
- 4 What is Toenail Fungus?
- 5 Symptoms of Toenail Fungus
- 6 Causes of Toenail Fungus
- 7 Some More Homemade Toenail Fungus Treatment
- 8 Commercial Treatments for Toenail Fungus
- 9 When to See a Doctor for Toenail Fungus
- 10 Prevention of Toenail Fungus
- 11 Conclusion
Homemade Toenail Fungus Treatment, Easy And Simple Natural Cure
Nail fungus, also known by the name of Onychomycosis is a fungus infection of toenails and fingernails caused by tiny organism. There are certain factors which may cause nail fungus such as prolonged dampness of the feet, entry of fungus through broken nail, weak toenails and multiple cuts on the skin which allow the entry of fungus. Some of the common symptoms of nail fungus are brittle toenails, flaky toenails, chipped toenails, bad smell from toenails, pain in toenails and yellow, black or brown spots on toenails.
There are several home remedies for nail fungus which have been used since a very long time and have proven to be very effective in treating this ailment in many cases. Some of the most popular home remedies for nail fungus which are quite effective and convenient to try are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for nail fungus is the use of vinegar. All you need to do is mix together two parts of warm water and one part of vinegar and then soak your nail fungus infected feet in this mixture for the next fifteen to twenty minutes. Later rinse your feet properly with water and use a towel to pat your feet dry. Make this a daily routine for good results.
2. Hydrogen peroxide is considered to be one of the efficient home remedies for fungus. Take some pure hydrogen peroxide (3%) and soak the affected toenail in it. Allow it to soak for twenty minutes and then use a filter paper or tissue paper to make it dry. Use this procedure twice daily for better results. In case of irritation you can try diluting the mixture with water.
3. Vicks VapoRub can also be used to treat nail fungus. All you need to do apply some Vicks VapoRub on the affected toe nail. But remember not to apply it under the nail as it can cause moist environment.
4. Tea tree oil is known for its antiseptic properties and is a powerful fungicide. All you have to do is take a cotton ball and soak it in tea tree oil. Now rub this cotton ball on the affected toenail. It is more beneficial if you use this oil two times in a day, once in the morning and once before you go to sleep.
5. Oregano oil is known to have antiseptic and antifungal properties. Take some olive oil and mix few drops of oregano oil in it. Now apply this mixture on the affected area.
6. One of the simplest home remedies is to keep the affected toes and fingers exposed to the air. This will prevent any kind of moisture formation in the region. Do not use synthetic socks as they can trap moisture. You can try wearing cotton socks and use medicated anti fungal powder on the socks.
7. Rubbing alcohol is also equally beneficial in treating fungus problem. Just take some rubbing alcohol and dip your affected toenail in it for twenty minutes and then use a tissue paper to make it dry. Try this procedure two times in a day on regular basis.
Homemade Toenail Fungus Treatment
Home made remedies for nail fungus can work just as well as those expensive medications, and do not cause any side effects. Home remedies are much more convenient, they cost far less, there are no dangerous side effects, and they can actually cure the nail fungus infection. Nail fungus can become a serious problem if not treated, so make sure you start using home remedies as soon as possible after you notice an infection starting in your nail area. Wheat germ oil can help, but you have to soak your nails in it for at least ten minutes twice a day. This will help reduce the infection and help healthy nails grow out. This method may take some time, because your nails have a slow growth rate, but it is effective.
One home remedy that works well for nail fungus is Listerine. This solution kills all microorganisms, including fungus. After taking a long hot soak, pour enough Listerine in a bowl or pan to cover your feet. Now soak your feet and nails in the Listerine for at least ten minutes. The Listerine can get in small areas and kill of the fungus causing the infection. This home remedy also works well for Athlete’s foot as well. Another great home remedy is Eucalyptus oil. Take some of this oil and apply lavishly on your nails, using a cotton ball or Q-tip. This natural oil works as a natural anti-fungal solution, killing the fungus in every place it touches. Another remedy may sound unusual, but it has proven to work if you can stand the smell and the looks you may get from others. Put fresh peeled garlic cloves in the toes of your shoes, and wear them all day long. Garlic also kills the fungus, and this is an option when you can not leave your feet open to the air. No matter which home remedies you use, you can cure a nail fungus infection, usually better than using drugs and creams. Let your feet stay in the open as much as possible, so that they stay dry. Wear cotton socks so that any moisture is absorbed instantly, and this will help prevent fungal infections from becoming worse.
What is the fastest home remedy for toenail fungus?
Tea tree oil is a popular home remedy for many skin infections, including fungal infections. Dab a few drops of the oil onto your toenails twice a day, or mix a few drops of oil with some water and soak your entire foot. You can buy over-the-counter urea paste to dissolve the infected portion of the toenail.
What is the best home made remedy for fingernail fungus?
Here are some popular homemade treatments.
- Vicks VapoRub – is a topical ointment.
- Snakeroot extract – Snakeroot (Ageratina pichinchensis) extract is an antifungal made from plants in the sunflower family.
- Tea tree oil.
- Oregano oil.
- Olive leaf extract.
- Ozonized oils.
- Listerine mouthwash.
What is Toenail Fungus?
Toenail fungus is an infection that gets in through cracks in your nail or cuts in your skin. It can make your toenail change color or get thick, crumbly, or ragged. It can also hurt. An infection with toenail fungus may not happen right away. You might just have a white or yellow spot on your toenail at first. But over time, the infection will get worse.
Symptoms of Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus, also known as onychomycosis, is a very common problem. It is estimated that about 3% of the world’s population has onychomycosis. The good news is that there are many effective treatments available.
The most common symptom of toenail fungus is a white or yellow spot on the nail. The nail may also become thickened or brittle. In severe cases, the nail may separate from the nail bed. If you have any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor for treatment.
There are many different types of toenail fungus, and each type requires a different treatment. The most common type is Trichophyton rubrum, which can be treated with oral antifungal medication. Other common types include Candida albicans and Aspergillus niger. Treatment for these types of fungus usually involves topical antifungal medication or in some cases surgery.
If you think you may have toenail fungus, the best thing to do is to see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. There are many effective treatments available, and the sooner you start treatment, the better your chances are for a successful outcome.
Causes of Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus, also called onychomycosis, is a common condition that causes the nails to become thickened, yellow, or brittle. The fungus can also cause the nails to separate from the nail bed. Toenail fungus is most often caused by a type of fungus called dermatophytes, but it can also be caused by yeasts or molds.
There are several factors that can increase your risk of developing toenail fungus, including:
• Wearing tight-fitting shoes or socks that don’t allow your feet to breathe
• Having sweaty feet
• Walking barefoot in public places, such as locker rooms or pool areas
• Having a skin condition, such as athlete’s foot
• Having diabetes or another medical condition that affects the blood flow to your feet
If you think you may have toenail fungus, see your doctor for an evaluation.
Some More Homemade Toenail Fungus Treatment
If you’re looking for the best homemade toenail fungus treatment, look no further! This simple and effective remedy uses ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
To make this toenail fungus treatment, mix equal parts vinegar and water in a bowl. Soak your feet in the mixture for 30 minutes. Then, use a brush or toothbrush to scrub your toenails. Rinse your feet and dry them thoroughly. Repeat this process daily until the fungus is gone.
Not only is this homemade treatment effective, but it’s also much cheaper than commercial treatments. So, if you’re looking for a way to get rid of toenail fungus without spending a lot of money, give this remedy a try!
Commercial Treatments for Toenail Fungus
There are many commercial treatments available for toenail fungus. Some of these are very effective, while others are not. If you are looking for the best homemade toenail fungus treatment, you may want to try one of the following:
Vicks VapoRub: This popular over-the-counter product contains camphor, eucalyptus oil, and menthol. These ingredients have antifungal properties and can help to kill the fungus that is causing your toenail fungus. Simply apply a small amount of Vicks VapoRub to your affected toe(s) twice per day.
Listerine: This mouthwash contains alcohol and other ingredients that can help to kill the fungus that is causing your toenail fungus. Simply soak a cotton ball in Listerine and apply it to your affected toe(s) once per day.
Tea tree oil: This natural oil has antifungal properties and can help to kill the fungus that is causing your toenail fungus. Simply apply a small amount of tea tree oil to your affected toe(s) once or twice per day.
If you are looking for the best commercial treatment for toenail fungus,
When to See a Doctor for Toenail Fungus
If you have toenail fungus, you may be wondering whether you need to see a doctor. The answer is, it depends. If your toenail fungus is mild and not causing any pain or other problems, you may be able to treat it at home with home remedies.
However, if your toenail fungus is more severe, causing pain or making your toenails thick and hard to trim, you should see a doctor. A doctor can prescribe medication that will clear up the infection more quickly than home remedies.
If you have diabetes or another condition that makes you more susceptible to infections, you should also see a doctor if you develop toenail fungus. This is because toenail fungus can lead to other serious problems in people with diabetes or other conditions that weaken the immune system.
Prevention of Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus can be embarrassing and unsightly, but it is also fairly common. The good news is that there are things you can do to prevent it. Here are some tips for preventing toenail fungus:
-Wash your feet regularly, including between your toes.
-Dry your feet thoroughly after bathing or swimming.
-Don’t go barefoot in public places like locker rooms or pool decks.
-Wear shoes that fit well and allow your feet to breathe.
-Don’t share nail clippers or other personal items with others.
-If you have diabetes or another condition that causes poor circulation, see your doctor regularly to check for early signs of toenail fungus.
If you have toenail fungus, you’re not alone. An estimated 10 percent of the population has onychomycosis, which is the medical name for nail fungus. The good news is that there are many different ways to treat toenail fungus, and some of them are even home remedies that you can make yourself. In this article, we’ve shared some of the best homemade toenail fungus treatments that you can try. So what are you waiting for? Give one of these treatments a try and see if it works for you.