Top 3 Brain Supplements We Recommend
- 1 Top 3 Brain Supplements We Recommend
- 2 Brain Supplements – Improve Memory, Concentration and Other Brain Functions
- 3 How Friendship Can Benefit Your Brain
- 4 Effective Tricks To Improve Memory And Brain Power
Brain Supplements – Improve Memory, Concentration and Other Brain Functions
Besides the essential brain supplements – Omega-3 Fatty Acids and vitamins that are most frequently recommended by doctors, there is a whole world of supplements for brain that have been proven to help improve memory, concentration, focus and other cognitive functions, fight fatigue and even help with depression.
Other brain supplements that improve brain functions and maintain brain healthy are:
- Acetyl L-Carnitine: Amino acid that is essential for converting fatty acids into energy necessary for optimal brain function.
- Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) helps body to create energy, increases concentration and focus.
- ALCAR: Amino acid that improves memory, learning and is good for a healthy nervous system.
- Alpha-GPC is a natural choline that boosts memory, attention, mental focus and cognition. It has potential for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Bacopa Monnieri: Herb used in ayurvedic medicine that has been proven to naturally improve memory and concentration.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a chemical that increases tissue oxygenation and is crucial in production of energy in the body cells. Co Q10 supplements increase energy, help with concentration and memory.
- DLPA: Amino acid that improves memory, mood and depression. It also helps with chronic pain.
- DMAE: Is a mild nervous system stimulant that increases mental energy, short-term memory, alertness and concentration. It is a powerful antioxidant that has been proven to fight depression and is also used in beauty products.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This quite popular brain supplement is actually a herb that has been proven to improve memory. It increases blood flow that delivers oxygen and nutrients to the organs.
- Gotu Kola is a herb that increases alertness and energizes the brain.
- Guarana has energizing effects, prevents fatigue, increases attention and physical endurance. It is also full of healthy fatty acids.
- Hericium Erinaceus also known as a Lion’s Mane Mushroom stimulates production of brain cells, increases mental performance and shows some medical promise in treatment of dementia. It has been used in Asia for centuries.
- Hyperzine A (Club Moss): This brain supplement improves memory and learning abilities.
- L-Glutamine: It converts to glutamic acid and GABA (an important neurotransmitter), that increase concentration, mental sharpness and is used as an energy source by the brain.
- Phosphatidylcholine is a nutrient good for brain and liver found in soy products and lecithin. It converts to the acetylcholine- memory neurotransmitter in the brain.
- Phosphatidylserine is a popular brain supplement that is an important building block of the brain membranes. It has been proven to boost energy in the brain; it helps to reverse age-related memory problems and mood changes.
- Serine: Important amino acid that helps with concentration, cognition and provides a brain boost.
- Vinpocetine is an extract of the periwinkle that increases blood flow, metabolism of the brain and energy production in the brain cells, improves memory and concentration.
How Friendship Can Benefit Your Brain
We are meant to be social beings. Being lonely is a risk factor not only for poor physical health, but mental health as well. Lack of social interaction has been shown to negatively affect your brain function and your memory.
AARP commissioned a large study to find out just how lonely Americans really are. Over one third responded that they were lonely.
The least lonely were married people in high income brackets. You might expect this – they have built-in company and money to spend on activities. But one big surprise was that people in their 40?s were almost twice as lonely as people over 70.
There was no reason given for this. Perhaps the older group has more time to socialize, or maybe they’ve become accustomed to being alone, so they are less likely to complain about loneliness.
What Friends Can Do For Your Brain
Depression, anxiety, and memory loss can be attributed to isolation, and social interaction is the antidote. The Harvard School of Public Health found that people with the most active social lives had the slowest rate of memory decline.
According to the results of a University of Michigan study, social interaction is a proven memory booster. Ten minutes of conversation resulted in memory and test performance improvement.
Some people are inherently more social than others. They like to join clubs and engage in group activities. Other people gravitate towards having a few close friends. It doesn’t matter which type of socializing you prefer, as long as you enjoy the company of those you are with and have a support system you can count on.
It turns out that a good laugh with friends is like a whole body workout for your brain! Engaging in humorous banter and joking around is a whole brain activity which stimulates learning and creativity.
Use Technology To Keep In Touch
Sadly, some people use technology to keep themselves isolated. They convince themselves that the TV talk show host in their living room is like family and that “friending” stranger on Facebook means they have friends.
But using technology to keep in touch with people you actually know and care about has been shown to improve mental health. Communicating with friends and family via email, on Facebook, or with Skype is almost as good as being there. Studies have found that using Facebook for this purpose actually increases brain function and might make you smarter!
If You Are New In Town
Ours is a very mobile society. The AARP survey showed that some of the loneliest people were those who had recently moved. The average American family moves once every 7 years.
If you have moved recently and don’t know where to begin to make new friends, get involved with a Newcomers Club or Welcome Club in your town. You’ll meet others in the same situation as you as well as folks who have lived there a while and can take you under their wing. These clubs have groups for every kind of activity you can imagine from playing cards to synchronized swimming!
If you have trouble remembering names, whether you are new in town or not, learn how avoid this social “faux pas” here. You Are Needed!
Many non-profit organizations need volunteers. A great way to meet like-minded people is by volunteering your services to a cause you think you could be passionate about. Not only will you make new friends, but you’ll learn new information and skills, all fantastic ways to keep mentally sharp.
Effective Tricks To Improve Memory And Brain Power
Improve Memory and Brain Power by Properly Using Your Brain. “Use it or lose it” is a sentence perfectly applicable for the brain. Every second spent on watching soap operas or pointless reality shows is doing irreparable damage to the brain. Every working hour spent on doing the same repetitive and dull action is doing the same. No matter how demanding your job is if you are accustomed to it then your brain does not receive the stimulation it needs to keep growing and developing.
And properly stimulating your brain today is not easy. In a world where everything is served on a platter and where people use Google and Wikipedia to answer all of their questions, it is very difficult to use the brain as it was meant to be used.
It is an organ created and evolved to learn new things. Every time you learn something new, the brain creates new neurons and new neural pathways. And these have no limit.
Little children have the ability to learn with ease. It is amazing how they can learn a language and so many new things about the world. A child’s brain can create something out of nothing. It can fantasize and build entire worlds. But the most amazing thing is that this is the brain’s natural state.
By the time we’ve reached adulthood, the brain has developed millions of neural pathways that help us process information quickly, solve familiar problems and execute familiar tasks with a minimum of mental effort. However, if we always stick to these well-worn paths, the brain does not receive the stimulation it needs to keep growing and developing. Also, modern human society does not help at all. The educational system is limiting and does not promote the right kind of learning, thus not providing proper stimuli for our brain. The result is average brain power, mental capacity and limited memory. Sadly, almost 80 percent of the world’s population falls in the average category.
If you do not like to be in this group and if you strive to better yourself there are things you can do to give your brain a workout. There are various ways to improve memory power and to increase concentration, but you should be aware right from the beginning that this will be long and hard process. You can start with regular exercise, relaxation, eating healthy and socializing. Start reading books. Play mind games like crossword puzzles, Sudoku, chess etc. These actions will stimulate the mind helping the brain grow new neural pathways, thus improving your mental abilities.
Another trick to improve memory and brain power is to start daydreaming and fantasizing. Imagine that you are smarter and more successful. Imagine that you are rich. Visualization powers are very powerful weapon for increasing brain power. Professional athletes use this technique all the time, so why, should you not try it out?
There are so many tips and tricks you can use to properly stimulate your brain. No matter if you are a complete beginner or you have already started to improve your brain power you can find the right ways to grow and improve.
Submit your review